Central School of Practical Nursing
The Cost of the Program
For the class that begins on October 2, 2017, tuition and required fees for the program total $16,200, payable as follows:
- A $30 non-refundable processing fee.
- A $55 orientation materials fee.
- A $225 non-refundable seat guarantee fee, payable by 2:00 PM approximately ten (10) days after notification of acceptance into the program - you will be given an exact date in your letter of acceptance.
- This fee is non-refundable unless the student notifies the school prior to (not on) the first tuition due date that they will not be attending the program.
- A $200 non-refundable administration fee
- A payment of $7845 due by 2:00 PM September 1, 2017.
- A payment of $7845 due by 2:00 PM March 22, 2018 after successful completion of the first half of the program.
Books and Uniforms
- Books (estimate, if purchased new): $908. Books can be purchased from any source the student wishes, and can be new or used. This estimate is for the required books. Estimates do not include sales tax and/or shipping.
- Clinical uniforms (estimate): $260 - $310, depending on the student's selection. The estimate is for two dress uniforms and an accessory pack. Estimates do not include sales tax and/or shipping.
As part of admissions consideration, all prospective students must undergo a background check, according to the following guidelines:
- If you have lived continuously in Ohio for the past five (5) years, you will need to undergo a BCI background check ($30).
- If you have lived outside of Ohio for any part of the past five (5) years, you will need to undergo both a BCI and FBI check ($70). Note: Applicants who need to get both BCI and FBI checks will be credited $30 from CSPN toward the Processing Fee.
Other fees you may incur
- Health insurance: Because some clinical facilities, where the students study, require health insurance, CSPN students are required to have health insurance (hospitalization).
- Parking: You may have to pay a fee to park at some of the clinical facilities.
- Late payment fee: There is a $25 charge for late payments.
- Returned checks: There is a $25 service charge for checks returned unpaid for any reason.
After completion of the program
- Licensure exam: After completion of the program you will need to take the NCLEX exam for licensure. At the time of this publication the cost was $200.
- Registration with the OBN (Ohio Board of Nursing): At the time of this publication the cost was $75.
- There are no graduation fees.
- There are no lab fees.
- Parking at the school is free!
For a copy of the Refund/Tuition Policy, click here.
for all tuition and fee payments
Click here for financial aid information
Approved for the training of veterans.
Click here to search for scholarships on the web